What's new

TV & Film What is your favorite movie? ^^

myah

Goddess
It’s hard to choose just one. But if i had to, it’d definitely be cruel intentions.

Primer is one of those big-brain movies that I can barely understand with a lot of guidance and models and I love it to death. Guardians of the Galaxy is also up there because it's probably the best DnD-esque movie ever made. Fight Club is probably my favorite though, no need to explain.

Junk

oof I'm a big movie nerd prepare yourself
I mainly watch horror stuff, and I absolutely love Jacob's Ladder
They're remaking it and it makes me feel very very uncomfortable. The trailer didn't look bad, I'm just like... please don't touch Jacob's Ladder
But, to be fair they have remade one of my favorites - Suspiria - and done a very good job. In that case, however, they changed the entire tone and plot of the film, making it feel like an entirely different story. It did help that the talent was great. I heavily recommend both versions, but the 2018 remake is very long at 2 and a half hours.
I'm also thoroughly enjoying Ari Aster's stuff, both Hereditary and Midsommar were amazing imo. He's doing a comedy movie next, or at least he said he wants to. I have no idea how he's going to go from those to comedy, but I'm here for it. Peele always does something fun, with Get Out and Us being good. I liked Get Out more tbh, but Us was almost a horror comedy? It was pretty funny and unsettling and I loved every minute.

Non-horror, What We Do In The Shadows is a great comedy. I love Taika Waititi, he even made me watch a Marvel movie for the first time in ages.

Other recommendations that I don't feel like writing out blurbs for: Donnie Darko, Phantom of the Paradise, The Shape of Water, Pan's Labyrinth, The Lobster, Isle of the Dogs, Coraline, Neon Demon, Tucker and Dale vs Evil, Perfect Blue, any Ghibli movie, It Follows, Green Room, Train to Busan, Raw, Creep, You're Next, The Evil Dead, In the Mouth of Madness, The Thing, Vvitch, Scream, Black Swan- I could go on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)