What's new

Rifts - Atlantis Adventure IC

Dice System
Palladium
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Not sure when or if the Cyber-Knight combat awareness bonus against tech kicks in or is applicable against these guys, but I am assuming it is since they seem tech as primary. I will wait for confirmation before factoring the bonuses in [which would change some things, since my initiative would go up a further three points, six points if they are AIs or automatons] Since it’s a non-action, Sir Drutarak will activate a “defensive stance” via Weapon Mastery, giving him automatic multiple parry with no opponent limit, as these things seem to hit fairly hard. I figure the moving and leaping would eat up all his actions at the moment. His supernatural strength and massive PS gives him a ridiculous ability to do running leaps of crazy heights and distances).
These are indeed some kind of robot, and Dru gets the familiar feeling that his Cyber Knight training to cloud their responses and perception is in effect.

The athletic leap is easily made over the Wall of Defense that Terra laid out, giving you a good opportunity to take a swing or shot at one of the Thin Men. What do you want to do?

@Silanon is up, along with @Vaneheart

26 - Dru
24 - Terra [1]
24 - Baby -46 [6]
24 - Junior -50 [6]
20 - Gradicus -120 [5]
18 - Thin Men 3-4 [5]
12 - Runt 3 [5] seriously damaged
8 - Runts 4-6 [2] stuck in Magic Net
4 - Shaona [3] <====
4 - Bobo [4]
 

Vaneheart

Friend or Enemy?
Sir Drutarak

His senses honed in on the strange alien tech and sensors used by these thin men, the minotaur cyber-knight attempts to strike one with a mighty blow from his psi-sword.

(OOC: He'll target the one that Gradicus isn't primarily fighting, and use a Power Strike, via W.M., using up two attacks for the potential of double the damage).
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Dru's powerful blow strikes Thin Man 3, causing a serious amount of damage. The robot is still active, though.

@Silanon is up

26 - Dru [2]
24 - Terra [1]
24 - Baby -46 [6]
24 - Junior -50 [6]
20 - Gradicus -120 [5]
18 - Thin Men 3 [5] seriously damaged
18 - Thin Men 4 [5]
12 - Runt 3 [5] seriously damaged
8 - Runts 4-6 [2] stuck in Magic Net
4 - Shaona [3] <====
4 - Bobo [4]
 

Silanon

Two Thousand Club
Shaona, tw

Another Runt close to its demise, damaged by the Automatons' weapons; another strike to take advantage, so that they may focus on more urgent tasks.
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
When Shaona swings on the Runt, it crumples under the force of the impact.

Right now, there are only the two Thin Men up and mobile with three Runts still trapped in the Magic Net. They are struggling to get out, but it will be some time before they are free.

@sirlabe is up with Bobo

26 - Dru [2]
24 - Terra [1]
24 - Baby -46 [6]
24 - Junior -50 [6]
20 - Gradicus -120 [5]
18 - Thin Men 3 [5] seriously damaged
18 - Thin Men 4 [5]
8 - Runts 4-6 [2] stuck in Magic Net
4 - Shaona [4]
4 - Bobo [4] <====
 

sirlabe

New Member
Bobo goes for another shot on the thin men, but he took a little while to aim. You might have to bear with him!
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
This time, the rifle blast strikes home on the damaged Thin Man, causing it some serious damage.

@Vaneheart is up.

26 - Dru [2] <====
24 - Terra [1]
24 - Baby -46 [6]
24 - Junior -50 [6]
20 - Gradicus -120 [5]
18 - Thin Men 3 [5] critically damaged
18 - Thin Men 4 [5]
8 - Runts 4-6 [2] stuck in Magic Net
4 - Shaona [4]
4 - Bobo [5]
 

Vaneheart

Friend or Enemy?
Sir Drutarak

Pressing the attack, Sir Drutarak attempts to strike another powerful blow with his psi-sword.

(OOC: Same attack strategy as before with defensive stance + power strike)
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
Dru's powerful blow slices the Thin Man in half with a shower of sparks.

@Psychie is up with Baby and Junior

26 - Dru [4]
24 - Terra [1]
24 - Baby -46 [6] <====
24 - Junior -50 [6] <====
20 - Gradicus -120 [5]
18 - Thin Men 4 [5]
8 - Runts 4-6 [2] stuck in Magic Net
4 - Shaona [4]
4 - Bobo [5]
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Since the other Runts are currently tied up in the Magic Net, Terra goes ahead and drops the Wall of Defense so she can get access to the one remaining Thin Man. Pointing their swords at the robot, the Atlantean casts Power Bolt from both the Automations.
Power Bolt never misses unless the target rolls a 20 or higher with bonuses to dodge. Damage is 5d6+2 per level.

Hit Points: 44
SDC: 135
PPE: 117 +2d4 per level / 70
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50
MDC: 35 armor, 375 tattoo: 405

Bonus Points: 8

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 8 / 3 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1

Baby
Main Body: 500 / 454
PPE: 120 / 45
Starfire Pulse Cannon: 8 / 6

Junior
Main Body: 500 / 450
PPE: 120 / 94
Starfire Pulse Cannon: 8 / 6
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
The twin spells fly out and slam into the robot, causing a good chunk of its armor to go flying off.

@Dannigan is up

6 - Dru [4]
24 - Terra [1]
24 - Baby -46 [7]
24 - Junior -50 [7]
20 - Gradicus -120 [5] <====
18 - Thin Men 4 [5] serious damage
8 - Runts 4-6 [2] stuck in Magic Net
4 - Shaona [4]
4 - Bobo [5]
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter

Combat Attributes
Perception +2 (more when fighting Vampires)
Initiative +2 (+6 when using sword)
Strike +13 (+16 with one sword, +17 with two. +4 with "Dragonfire" Flamethrower, K-4 Laser Pulse Rifle, M-160 Ion Rifle, and Stun Gun. +2 with NG-SE9 Laser Pistol).
Parry +11 (+12 with Tattoo-Magic shield) (+14 with swords)
Dodge +11
Roll +6 (Automatic Roll and Breakfall from Zanji)
Save vs. Magic +7
Horror Factor Saving Throws (+4 to save from Undead Slayer)
Horror Factor 13 (Awe. 12 from Atlantean, +1 from Heritage)
Attacks per Round: 6 (+1 additional attack per melee round when fighting supernatural evil from Undead Slayer; +1 additional attack from Weapon Mastery - Sword when using swords)

Damage by Weapon Type
Summertime (Katana) - 1D4x10 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures) + 6D6 M.D. (socketed Electricity crystal).
Wintertime (Wakizashi) - 3D6 M.D. + 4D6 M.D. + 5 M.D. (double damage versus supernatural evil creatures) + 6D6 M.D. (socketed Electricity crystal).
Crystal Stun Mace - 2d6 S.D.C. + Stun when energized (10 P.P.E. for 2 minutes of use). Save at 16 or higher (14 for Mega-damage beings).
TW Force Cannon - 1D6x10+10 M.D.. Range: 2,000 feet. 5/5 shots per TK-Clip.
"Dragonfire" Flamethrower - 1D6x10 M.D. to everything within 100 feet. Enemies are -3 to Dodge. Can "sweep" 10 foot wide by 100 foot corridor; costs 3 attacks. 5/5 blasts per E-Clip.
K-4 Laser Pulse Rifle - 3D6+6 M.D. single shot, 1D6x10+6 M.D. three-round burst. Range: 3,000 feet. 30/30 rounds in E-Clip.
M-160 Ion Rifle - 1D6x10 M.D. Range: 2,000 feet. 15/30 shots remaining in E-clip.
Stun Gun (blaster) - Victims are dazed, -10 to strike, parry, and dodge for 2D4 melees. Save vs. Toxins negates.
NG-SE9 laser pistol - 3D4+3 M.D. Range: 1,000 feet.
Silver-plated gladius - 2d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.
SIlver-plated knife - 1d6 S.D.C. + P.S. bonus + 4 S.D.C.

The perfectly-timed blast from the tall robot really rocked Gradicus's world. It destroyed the forcefield provided by his talisman and damaged the field provided by his Blazing Comet tattoo. For the Atlantean gladiator, it was proof-enough that he had set himself up against worthy opponents!

Then a huge figure entered the fray and finished one of the foes with excellent form in Zanji Shinjinken Ryu. So the Cyber Knights had learned the Far Eastern way of the samurai too! They were full of surprises!

"Sir Dru!" Gradicus exclaimed. "Good of you to join us against these robots! I was feeling greedy in taking the four of them all to myself!" With that, Gradicus attempted another Combination Grab/Slash with Summertime in an effort to cause double-normal damage against the foe who was even taller than his group's newest addition. Taller he may have been, but it was by no means stronger!



Image credit: Atlantean by Chuck Walton)
STATUS Location: On the shores of Maine.
Statblock: Self-M.D.C. (306/306) Self-P.P.E. (207/262). Power Matrix (40/40 P.P.E.) . P.P.E. Battery (100/100 P.P.E.). Talisman 1 of 2 (--/100 M.D. 2/3 daily uses remaining). Blazing Comet (Mach 4 for 4 hours. 60/80 M.D.). Smoochie (---/500 M.D. for 4 hours). Effects active: Sense Evil (for 40 minutes), Crystal Deflector Gauntlet (14/15 rounds)

 
Last edited:

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
With a perfectly timed strike, Gradicus bisects the tall robot into pieces! The top half falls to the ground, leaving the legs briefly standing until they, too, keel over into the dirt. With that, the only active robots are the three Runts that are still trapped in Terra's Magic Net. Given enough time, they will free themselves, or the Battle Mage can release them at her whim.

What do you do?
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Terra lets out a laugh at the arrogance of Gradicus. Not like he is not able to back up his boasting with action. "I had to, since I was facing off against their six little brothers out here! Had to do something to give you a chance!" After firing off a wink to her kinsman, she has her two Automations walk over to look down at the three trapped robots, weapons in hand. "I can free these three at any time, to be able to deal with them at our convenience. So, I suggest you gather around and prepare yourselves so we can eliminate them decisively, and then we can see what good neighbor was adding their weapon fire to our own efforts to stop these things."

"Stand ready."
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
He returned Terra's wink with one of his own. A good gladiator was a showman as well as a killer and to boast was to provide better show. In his heart, Gradicus meant none of it, but such boasting often made him laugh. And what was the point of being alive if you could not laugh?

"Free them?" Gradicus laughed. "Because they would give us the same mercy? These are heartless drones of steel, not men or women with souls deserving of the afterlife." With a twirl of his wrist, he sheathed Summertime and brought forth his new K-4 Laser Pulse Rifle. "I say we have some target practice and send these mindless killers of innocents to the scrapheap!"
 

Vaneheart

Friend or Enemy?
Sir Drutarak

The minotaur grinned at Gradicus, and said "My apologies for my untimely arrival, my friend. I was delayed. I am glad that I was able to at least pick one off. You and the others seemed to have it well in hand though. Next time, I'll take my time getting here and won't worry or rush." He laughed at the end.

After the combat with the "thin men" was over, Sir Drutarak approached the others, and the runts in the magical net. "This is very good work Terra. Your arcane skills are impressive. I was never this skilled with magicks before I gave them up, and I knew few who were. Most minotaurs of my tribe focused on diabolism and necromancy, and weren't very creative or subtle with it." He observed the robots. I have many questions of these strange and hostile machines, but I doubt I will receive any answers. Maybe we can find their masters? I wish I had a recording device...or knew how to use one. I still have much to learn of this technologically advanced world. Perhaps I will sketch them from memory later. He suddenly wished he could read objects with his psionic powers.

He stated in a deep and serious voice, "If they are combat machines, we had best kill them now, and quickly, before more arrive and they can relay our specifics. There might be more in Wangler's Knob, or even on their way here to reinforce their comrades. We might not have much time to prepare a defense, or flush out any remaining in the settlement before they are reinforced. They will be unwilling to be bargained with or reasoned with, and will not stop until we are eradicated, or they have received different instructions, which I doubt will happen. Combat robots remind me much of the unfeeling undead monsters of my world." He nodded at Gradicus, and raised his psi-sword to strike the runts. "Give the word when willing."
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
Terra nods at the complement from the bull-man. "Thank you, Sir Dru. Ok, if everyone is ready, I'll dismiss the net and we can get down to business of ending these obnoxious things." She indicates one of the three, "I'll have Baby and Junior target that one. Ready? On three. One, two, three!"
I plan on using a shot from the Starfire Pulse Cannons on it. Do I need to roll to hit, or just damage?

Hit Points: 44
SDC: 135
PPE: 117 +2d4 per level / 70
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50
MDC: 35 armor, 375 tattoo: 405

Bonus Points: 8

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 8 / 3 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1

Baby
Main Body: 500 / 454
PPE: 120 / 45
Starfire Pulse Cannon: 8 / 6

Junior
Main Body: 500 / 450
PPE: 120 / 94
Starfire Pulse Cannon: 8 / 6
 

Sherwood

Luna's Concubine
Supporter
There is no need to roll to hit or damage. With the amount of firepower that the group can bring to bear, the Runts don't stand a chance.

With the three 'bots destroyed, we move out of combat time.

Looking about the town of Wangler's Knob, you don't see any sign of any other robots walking around, and the whole place is silent save for the sound of a barking dog. What do you do now?
 

Psychie

Princess Psychie
With the robots all destroyed, Terra will slide down from her seat on Baby's back and give one of the Runts a nudge with the toe of her boot. Realizing that all she knows about robots is how to break them, she idly wonders, "Where do you think that these things came from? They were quick to kill an unarmed person. Not that I would put it past the Coalition to do that, these don't have the signature black skull motif that the Coalition has. D'you think that this might be a part of the Swarm we've heard about?"

Remembering that there was gunfire coming from up the street, she has Baby look up there to see if it was possible to spot the person or persons that were helping out.
Hit Points: 44
SDC: 135
PPE: 117 +2d4 per level / 70
PPE Battery: 50
PPE Battery: 50
MDC: 35 armor, 375 tattoo: 405

Bonus Points: 8

Number of Attacks: 6
Strike: +9
Parry: +9
Dodge: +9
Roll: +10
Initiative: +4
Perception: +5, +1 vs Vampires and the Undead
Horror Factor: +5 to Save, +2 vs dragons
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Critical Strike from behind
Damage: +2

When Piloting Automations
Number of Attacks: 8 / 3 / 1
Strike: +5 (+7 with Sword)
Parry: +6 (+8 with Sword)
Dodge: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative: +5
Damage: +1

Baby
Main Body: 500 / 454
PPE: 120 / 45
Starfire Pulse Cannon: 8 / 6

Junior
Main Body: 500 / 450
PPE: 120 / 94
Starfire Pulse Cannon: 8 / 6
 

Vaneheart

Friend or Enemy?
Sir Drutarak

He shrugged at Terra. "I am uncertain. One thing I know is that I have never encountered these before. Didn't the seer say that I had "been touched" by the swarm or something? I can't remember exactly." He glanced down at the runts. "They don't strike me as being very swarm-like." He thought for a moment. Maybe I was wrong about the Splugorth being the ones responsible for the mysterious disappearances. Could these robots have been the cause? Was that what the seer was referring to? He snorted. May the gods of Light save me from seers and clairvoyants. I am not imaginative enough to interpret them.

Turning to look around, he stated "We should see who this ally is and if there are any survivors in the village." The minotaur dismissed his psi-sword and shield, but drew his Wilks laser rifle as a precaution, holding it casually, but ready. He peered around, looking to see if he too could spot their potential ally, any threats, or any survivors.
 

Dannigan

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
"Agreed," Gradicus nodded at Sir Dru and Terra as he took pictures of the robots. Professional-quality photographs. With any identifying markers inside or out of the robots as he might find. Then the young gladiator carefully searched the robots for their weapons, E-clips, and any other valuables or interesting items they were carrying. Gradicus specifically wanted to know if they had any items on them that belonged to the villagers (for if there were none, it helped to cement the notion that these robots were sent here only to destroy).

"I wondered too if they were The Swarm Mellar had envisioned," he said between photographs. "In my heart, I doubt it. 'Hatred and evil' Mellar said. Robots know neither."

Then he turned to the woods where the plasma bolts had come from. He cupped a hand and called. "Hail, friend! You may come out of hiding now! The danger, for the moment, has passed!" @sirlabe
 

sirlabe

New Member
"Are you some form of evil creature, or is it safe to come out?" A bush yelled from the distance. Not sure he should approach the people just quite yet. "If you aren't let me see your resume." @Dannigan
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top