What's new

Fantasy A Monster Evolution Story

Sub Genres
Action, Adventure, Magical

Azuri

Evil Doer
Run towards the river, I guess! I'm assuming this means the part of the river above the waterfall. Using our growing movement skills, we might be able to trick something into jumping off the cliff. If it's not hostile, then we also get to our destination anyway. And if it's poisonous, the water will help. We've had luck with hiding, but if something is rapidly approaching, it might already know where we are.
 

MiraAutumn

The Fall Maiden
(Final Choice: Hide in the foilage)
Scene 10: The Boars Hunt
Using your somewhat practiced stealth, you quickly jump into a nearby bush and remain as still as possible. Once again, the only thing you could see was leaves, this time even beneath you. They were a little prickly, but you maintained your concentration towards where you thought the 'rustler' would pass by. Seconds, even perhaps minutes passed as you waited. You were being extra cautious about this, considering you had no idea what was going on outside your little bush, with no ears to tell you what had occurred. You continued to remain hidden for a short while longer.

<[Stealth LVL 3] learnt>

Peeking a limb out of the foilage slowly, your eyes moved to the tip of the slime, you surveyed the immediate area and found nothing of interest... except for a boar-like creature literally staring you in the eye. Its hide was a darkish swamp green, with short stumps for legs and prickly-looking fur. Its amber irises were startled for a moment at your appearance, but quickly they darkened into that of a hunters. It bore its sharp fangs and tusks hungrily at you; something told you these weren't herbivores. As one found you, you noticed another two began trotting towards you, whilst the last boar seemed to be sniffing something near another bush.

Did they track you through scent? Well, you didn't know what you smelled like, but you always assumed slimes didn't have much of a scent. Still, how were you going to get out of this situation?
BabySlime - LVL: 2 - EXP: 20
HP: 8/10
MP: 10/10
Afflictions:
--------------
Attack: 2
Defence: 1
Magic Attack: 1
Magic Defence: 2
Speed: 2
SP: 0
--------------
Skills:
[Leap LVL 2] [Body Manipulation LVL 3] [Farsight LVL 1] [Sight LVL 2] [Touch LVL 1] [Taste LVL 1][Stealth LVL 3] [Appraisal LVL 1] [Reaction Time LVL 1] [Poison Resistance LVL 2]
Titles:

--------------
Traits:
  • Pink translucent slime ball
  • Female

Choices:
How should you escape?
  1. Distract them briefly before running
  2. Immediately bolt for it
  3. Bodyslam, then jump off the frontmost boar away from them
  4. Attack the first one then run away
Where should you run?
  1. Run towards the river
  2. Run through the foilage
  3. Run/climb up a tree
@BoltBeam @official clown business @Idea @Daisie @Spoiled Bread @Azuri
Current Votes:
1(Distract): 4 | 2(Bolt): 2
1(River): 6
 
Last edited:

BoltBeam

The Girl Within Scarlet Walls
Distract then run away. We stand no chance against a creature like that.

And I say we run to the river. Scent can't travel through water if we happen to submerge ourselves into it. It's not the safest... Given how immobile we are... But they'll find us in any other choice, so...
 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant The Gif Hydra
>>>>>>>>>>>1: Distract them briefly before running
Attacking them will be a waste of time. It's several enemies and they're probably stronger than us for now. We can't waste a precious second. On the other hand though, a distraction may give us a precious few moments to escape, maybe even to think of a better plan.

>>>>>>>>>>>>2: Run to the river
Assuming we can make it there, its unlikely the boars will want to jump into the water. We risk wherever the river might lead us, but the climb is as dangerous as ever, and staying on plain ground will be utterly useless.
 

Spoiled Bread

The Lord of the Uneaten
1. Just ruun, no time wasted.

2. Run to the river, it's close enough and unlike climbing a tree, it doesn't require developed limbs. We just need some guts to jump into it.
 

Daisie

Optimistic Pessimism
Moderator
Distract them before running! I dunno what the plan even is for doing that, but go for it! No time to try and make friends, these things are hungry. Y'all had trouble taking down a freaking caterpillar, I don't think a wild pack of boars is gonna go much better!

Get to da river!
 

Azuri

Evil Doer
Bolt, towards the river! They seem to be hesitating, and as soon as we start moving they might attack. The river is definitely our safest place.
 

official clown business

"KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!"
sneak increased to 3
How should you escape?
>Distract them briefly before running
Yes, give them something else to focus on before we make any sudden moves...

Where should you run?
>Run towards the river
Don't worry, boars can't run through water.
 

MiraAutumn

The Fall Maiden
(Final Choice: Distract them briefly before running, run towards the river)
Scene 11: The Raging River Escape
You had no time to lose, the other two boars were approaching quickly to surround you, and the last boar in the distance would notice you soon enough. But darting straight off the bat would definitely allow the boar currently staring you down to freely strike at your rear. You had no chance to think up a better solution, so you attempted a relatively simple escape tactic, distraction. Quickly yet quietly, you extend another slimy limb towards the right side of the bush your main body resided in, hidden within the thick foilage of leaves. Although your initial plan was just to briefly distract the boar with another limb, you felt something on the floor, like a rock of some sort.

<[Touch LVL 2] learnt>

Making use of the opportunity given to you, you altered the plan to implement a longer-distance distraction.

A slight tingle of pain was left on your extended slime, as you whack the stone with as much force as you could muster towards the closest boar. Although it didn't quite hit the snout where you were aiming, it connected with a solid body shot. Noticing it hit, without even a glance to check the bewilderment of the boar, or possibly boars, you rapidly retracted your limbs and leapt away towards the river. Moments after you began running, you could feel slight tremors in the earth, most likely due to the stampede of hooves behind you.

You quickly began to regret travelling so far away from the water source. The tremors were growing closer and more forceful, their speed naturally surpassing yours. Just as you dove head speed off the bank, you could feel the warm breath of the hungry boar hot on your tail, its teeth barely scraping your rear slime.

As you plunged deep into the raging waters, you almost immediately regretted your decision. The powerful currents whipped your body against the multitude of jagged rocks, no matter how you tried to regain control of your movement. You didn't even get a chance to look back at the boars on land, as you were swept away. Before too long, much less time than it took you to hike up here, you were briefly embraced by air, as you rapidly fell down the waterfall stream to the basin from earlier. Luckily, due to your light weight as a slime, you didn't collide with the rocks at the bottom of the basin and managed to keep your consciousness, despite still being tired and bruised.

In a slight daze, you hydrated yourself a little more before deciding, what next? There didn't seem to be any other creatures at the basin at these late evening hours.
-2HP = Raging river rocks
(Your heightened speed prevented you from taking damage from the boar, whereas if you had higher body manipulation you could've clung on to a rock to prevent further damage and remain upstream)
BabySlime - LVL: 2 - EXP: 20
HP: 6/10
MP: 10/10
Afflictions:
--------------
Attack: 2
Defence: 1
Magic Attack: 1
Magic Defence: 2
Speed: 2
SP: 0
--------------
Skills:
[Leap LVL 2] [Body Manipulation LVL 3] [Farsight LVL 1] [Sight LVL 2] [Touch LVL 2] [Taste LVL 1][Stealth LVL 3] [Appraisal LVL 1] [Reaction Time LVL 1] [Poison Resistance LVL 2]
Titles:

--------------
Traits:
  • Pink translucent slime ball
  • Female

Choices:
What should you do?
  1. Find/secure a place to sleep in your current area
  2. Head downstream
  3. Head towards the exit of the forest
  4. Head towards the deeper end of the forest
  5. Other suggestions welcome
@BoltBeam @official clown business @Idea @Daisie @Spoiled Bread @Azuri
Current Votes:
 

Idea

The Pun Tyrant The Gif Hydra
I wonder when we'll learn some kind of appraisal skill to actually be able to look into these other skills. Also that's some light damage for what is being described as basically rolling down a hill of rocks.

>>>>Try to find some hidding spot.
Anything with a hole in it. To rest and sleep we need somewhere we wont' just be picked off by some random predator.
 

Azuri

Evil Doer
Well, we haven't really been awake for that long. Might as well do something. Deeper woods sounds like tougher monsters, and following the river also means more monsters.

Find the exit!
 

Spoiled Bread

The Lord of the Uneaten
Finally a break, now things have calmed down, let's exercise! Take time to familiarize with our new body. Jump, dance, run, roll, spin and many more. Knowing the capabilities of our current body will do good for survival. After that we can search for more food!
 

official clown business

"KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!"
What should you do?
>Find/secure a place to sleep in your current area
Time to check in at tree hotel. If that doesn't work then I guess economy is the next best option, a bush or a foxhole.
 

SquishCat

You've yeed yer last haw, partn'r
Yo can we explore that trail of smoke mentioned earlier? M' curious :p
Also, if it's already gone, means there's no one there anymore and we can potentially scavenge anything they left behind. If it's still there we might be able to yoink some loot or something
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top